That’s #1 thing I want you to know if you’ve had a failed or canceled fertility treatment cycle: It’s not your fault
My best tips on managing it:
- Grieve the loss you are feeling and experiencing.
- Take care of yourself physically. What will nurture you at this time?
- Take care of yourself emotionally. Find support: family, friend, support group, therapist or counselor.
- Lean into the tools that gave you support and hope during the journey. Journaling, visualizations, meditation, affirmations and breathing exercises can help you process feelings, manage stress and feel grounded.
- When you’re ready, review your cycle with your fertility doctor. Brainstorm a list of questions to ask, including what might have gone wrong this cycle and what might increase your chances of success if you choose to do another cycle.
- When you’re ready, plan next steps and determine if that includes a second opinion, another treatment cycle or more time to figure out your options.
I help women feel empowered during all stages of their fertility journey. Want to talk about what that would look like for you? Schedule a call.